Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Charley's Birthday

Since her mom asked, here are pictures from our niece's first birthday party held over Easter weekend.  It was at a hotel in Ocean City in the penthouse.  Here's the view south from our living room...

It was cold, but pretty.  The next day it was hot and beautiful, but we had to go home :(

I made a cupcake cake, but I'm not an artist.  I realized after I had it carved, iced a crumb coat, and frozen that I should have carved the base narrower.  Oh well, it tasted good.  I copied napkins we used at the party for the design.

Charley seemed to like it okay.

And Averie.



Aves also liked playing the drum.

Charley had a bunch of presents to open and got bored about half-way through.


Now she's one :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! She and Sean look exactly alike and are making the same face in that one picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, precious! The cake turned out cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend! :) I just wanted to say that I miss you guys! I was just looking at some of the pictures on my phone of the time Kayla and I Christmas bowed your house. I can't believe things are the way they are now, and I would do anything to have you guys back! I hope that you are feeling better and that the family is doing well. Hopefully I can make a trip in July! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete