Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Taking Christmas Pictures

Yesterday, I finally got around to taking our picture for our Christmas card.  I've only been doing photo cards for a couple of years now.  I used to stamp my cards, back when we had no children, because the pain of sending out a picture of just the two of us was too hard.  But, now that I have my blessings, I love to share their growth with our loved ones.
Anyway, I figured it was time to get them taken yesterday.  Stupid me, though, I waited until nearly noon to get them finally ready.  We had to take baths first, and I had to get the scene ready.  Too many excuses...
Finally, I had the tree set up and the girls dresses around 12:15.  Averie was tired and hungry.  Camdyn was in a great mood.  I made a mistake and handed them each glass balls to put on the tree - and Aves' went straight into her mouth.  After she discovered that they fit just right, I couldn't keep them away from her.  And, each time I had to dig one out of her mouth, it set her off into a crying fit.  I compromisedby giving them pretzels and letting Averie wrap the garland.  It sort-of worked.
Then, we had the issue of Camdyn's out-of-practice picture smile.  First, it was too big...
Then, it was too small...
Then, back to too big...
Finally, I figured out how to make it just right - funny faces. 
I ended up with 2 good ones, but to see them, you have to wait until you get our Christmas card in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment