Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Frugality

I am short on time, and short on money.  We have rented for a year, while trying to save up for a downpayment on a house purchase.  When we sold our house in Illinois to move to Ohio, it was in the middle of the housing slump.  So, although we have owned 3 houses and improved each one for equity, we're once again saving for a downpayment.

So, I try to be frugal.  I don't go crazy at the supermarket as I would like.  I don't buy clothes unless they're on sale.  We try to not purchase big items that we don't need.  We don't go out often - maybe we should do that more often ;)

So, when the need came up for me to get a haircut, I put it off and put it off.  For one, I didn't have much time, but I was not looking forward to paying $40 for a trim.  So, I put it off too long.  My bangs were hanging so low over my eyes I was shaking my head constantly to move them.  Or, parting them to the side.  So, after a few weeks of this, I decided to give a bang trim a try.  I did good!  Here's how they turned out!
Pretty good, huh?

1 comment:

  1. You did great! Love the bangs! I've been going to a hair cutting school for the past few months and my favorite girl graduated. She did hair for $10 and I'm trying to suck it up and make myself go to her new ritzy salon and pay $30- I'm having a hard time.

    ReplyDelete