Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Grr on my Mac

My sister got on me about not blogging recently.  So, here you go.  Want to know the main reason why I haven't been?  No, it's not because I just moved across 3 states.  It's not because my husband has spent the week in California.  It's not because I've been busy unpacking.

It's because I can't figure out how to get my pictures on my MacBook.  I put the Nikon Transfer and ViewNX on my computer.  I put the card into the slot.  It found the pictures and said it transfered them.  Then, it shut down.  And, no matter how many times I open it, it shuts down.  Again and again.

Why is this so especially frustrating?  Well, I would really like to edit my pictures on my new computer.  It's one of the reasons why I got it.  And, I got a special V-day gift of photoshop.  I would love to learn how to use it!  If only I could get some pictures to try it on :(

So, we moved to Maryland.  We rented a 26' truck and filled it.  So, we rented another 26' truck and filled it too.  So, we left the rest of our stuff and my car, and Troy has to go pick it up soon.  I don't ever want to have to drive a 26' truck again.  Especially through a snowstorm and icy mountains.  But, I'm glad we're here and that's over with.  I'm glad Troy's home, too.  Our new airport is only about 10 minutes away, it makes it easy for us to get him or drop him off.  It's so small, there really isn't a "get there 2 hours early" rule.  He has flown into it before, but didn't remember.  He was concerned about just "getting to his gate 30 minutes before his flight".  He didn't understand my hilarious laughter until he got there, (although I tried to explain the terminal to him).  There really is just one check-in desk, one "terminal", and one airplane.  Okay, there are probably a few airplanes, but they take off and arrive about 2 hours apart.  Oh, and you walk out on the tarmac and climb steps to get into your plane.

I would sure love to show you pictures, but alas, I am not breaking down and reverting to the Acer to upload my pictures.  I will figure it out.

My family has been entertaining us while Troy was gone.  They have come over for dinner, spent days with us, my mom spent the night with us the night we were supposed to get so much snow.  That was a windy night.  I guess we got gusts of 60 miles an hour.  The corner where my bedroom is seemed to get all the wind, I listened to it for nearly 4 hours that night.  My sisters have been taking us out to stores, fixing our cars, (my brother-in-law), watching the girls.  Yay!

Okay, now I finally get a shower.  Bye.

1 comment:

  1. That really stinks you can't get your pics to open...got to be frustrating! I hope you figure it out soon. Yea for helpful family members! How is your new place and how are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete