I tried a new way of staking my tomatoes this year. I can't remember what it's called, if anyone knows, please inform me??? It's working so good - I love it! You just put a stake at the end of each row, one between every 2 plants, and run twine between them. You basically prop the tomatoes as they grow. It's way better than the usual cages.
This is how they look staked:
And, this is how the twine looks run between the stakes.
This is how big my black tomatoes were about 4 days ago. They're bigger and starting to change color now!
I also ran a trellis for the cucumbers. They're just getting big enough to train them up the trellis.
I have a green pepper nearly ready to pick.
And, the beets. They pretty much died when i planted them, but a few surprised me and came back to life. I need to plant more, once these are closer to ready, so I can have them ready in the fall.
(yes, it's wilty. The sprinkler misses this corner, we have to water it by hand, and it was forgotten for a day or two.)
I also have a ton of herbs - thyme, oregano, lavender, mints, (in pots), rosemary, tarragon and some HUGE basil. Yum!