Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Days 10 & 11

Day 10:  "Behold, you are handsome, my beloved! Yes, pleasant!" (Song of Solomon 1:16a)


Probably every wife wants her husband to tell her constantly how beautiful she is and how he adores her, but do we return the favor?
The challenge asked us to tell our husbands what we see in him that makes him attractive.  Physical or spiritual.  Well, since my husband is the most handsome man in the world, that's easy.  I hope I let him know that enough.  And lately, his "Strength of character in a culture that lacks integrity?" is shining through.  He's standing for what the Bible says instead of what "men" say.  It's hard, because men he trusted are betraying him.  But, he's right in his words and actions, he has nothing to be ashamed before God about.  The way he's handling himself in adversity is wise and exactly the way the Bible directs him to.

Day 11:  "Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)

I hate to sound like a broken record, but it's easy for me to respect my husband.  I used to joke around with him in front of others, but in doing that, probably really embarrased him because I was really picking on him. And, don't even get me started on when I used to play on his worship team - can I blame my infertility hormones?  (I don't, completely, maybe a little...)
He's always the one to have the wise things to say in a serious conversation.  And, every once in a while, he's really funny ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I love these posts. Such good reminders of how we should treat our husbands. Like you said though, it's easy when they're so wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete