Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Husband Encouragement Challenge

I haven't been posting about this lately because the days of challenges have been veery similar.  That is, until Day 24.
"And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord." (Ephesians 6:4)

Then, it goes on to say, "A wise wife will support her husband's leadership in the home as much as possible, and will praise him for his fathering skills. Negativity makes a man feel like a failure, and may make him to want to give up."

Hmmm.  This strikes a chord with me.  I'm a little, overbearing, shall we say, in my parenting of the girls.  I have my ideas of discipline and expect Troy to know exactly what I'm thinking by my evil eye.  One of the girls acts up, I expect him to interpret my squint as, "3 minute time-out".  And, if he doesn't, well, it's not pretty.

I really need to work on this.  I guess God knew I was getting bored with the challenge and needed something to "challenge" me.

No comments:

Post a Comment