Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Grumpy

I am so grumpy.  It's a good thing I'm already on maternity leave from work, where I'm supposed to smile welcomingly and greet my guests by name while calling their drink that I have memorized.  (Yes, that's the truth, but I'm not good at that yet...)

Instead I believe if I were working I would be leaning on the counter barely looking up when someone came in the door.  I bet that's why my boss sent me on leave early.

If this baby were following in Averie's footsteps, he/she would be born in the next 3 hours.  But, no, not looking like it.

I'm in pain, feeling full, my stomach muscles are sore from contractions that aren't doing much, tired, hungry.  Grumpy.

But, I'm so excited to meet this baby.  I can't wait to see him/her, to see who she/he resembles.  I see pictures of newborns in magazines and get so excited to meet mine.  Even anticipating the after-birth body pains, the sleepless nights, the crying, the "how in the world will I hold onto 3 children's hands while crossing the street", I'm ready to meet this little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment